Friday, August 13, 2010

Street Food

We're mostly talking about Hong Kong here, but I'm sure every country has their own form of street food. It's just that there's nothing quite like Asian street. It's everywhere, it's rather aromatic and it's deliciously cheap and iconic. Don't get me wrong, I'm not a big fan of street food. Look at all that oil and stuff. Mmmm.....deeeelish. And people are saying, Oh, but you can see what they're putting into it. Yeah, you can see all that oil. You can see all that crap in the sauce and they serve that to you in a brown paper bag or if you're lucky, in a plastic container. That's high end street food, right up in Tsim Tsa Tsui. Well I'm sorry if I want to eat off a plate, I just don't feel like eating out of a paper bag. Surely, you can't criticise me just because I want to be a little bit more civilise and actually eat better food. If I'm gonna go to Hong Kong, I want to save my stomach with good, cooked food, not oil and spicy fish balls. But because I'm going to HK (who else is?), I might get myself some of those 鸡蛋子. Thems be some iconic HK food. It's a ripoff 'cos they're hollow, but they're so good. Stephanie Chan, I'm looking at you, you better take me around street food locations and I'll show you some restaurants.

Just had my basketball game today. We lost, but I had my best game for about 3 weeks. I blame economics. I hypothesise that there is an inverse relationship between the stress load applied by Economics (or general academic studies) and the quality of your basketball game. As in, your individual game. These last 3 weeks, I was playing poorly and training poorly. Now that I have no Eco, it's been pretty good, although it might be too early to tell. Made some pretty good drives. But my toes are still stubbed and inflammed, it's pretty annoying. Can't run well. Oh well. Tough it out, Bryan Ho.

Ugh, crappy band festival on Sunday. Have to go out to bloody Penrith where it's gonna be freezing cold. I honestly hate band sometimes, they make so many disruptions to my week. And all the competitions are clumped in one month, it's horrible. This weekend will have zero productivity.

Oh woe is me...

No comments:

Post a Comment