Monday, February 1, 2010

Asian Music Playlist

Bleh, haven't posted a lot, given the AO just finished and I've been swamped with Maths work. Bloody Simmo. And Economics, which I am yet to get started on. Goddammit, Year 11.

So basically, in my effort to be less prejudiced against (Crappy) Asian Music, I've decided to source Asian songs from my Asian friends and listen to that music for the rest of this month, which is convenient because I started yesterday. I did not have great expectations about this 'trial', because all I had listened was Korean girlgroups which are relatively annoying and make you cringe a lot. But I guess that was why I wanted to this, because I felt as though I had to listen to other types of Asian music in order to sufficiently say "Asian Music sucks".

So yesterday, Sandra gave me some 21 songs which she thought would appease my musical tastes, which is that the songs had good harmonies. This included some Koreans like 3 Taeyang songs and a few other randoms like SHINee and T-ara (I'm think they're Korean). There were also Taiwanese artists like Khalil Fong and Xiao Yu and Da Mouth. Might I say, Da Mouth is the weird band I have ever heard and seen. They're the Taiwanese BEP according to Sandra, but these people are retarded. The songs are ridiculous. It's like a mix of the Numa Numa Dance and American Rap (but in Mandarin) with a dash of Gwen Stefani. However, so far, I've got to say I'm liking Khalil Fong. He's like an Asian Crooner. And in general, Taiwan is faring better Korea. Korean songs are either:
a) Drug-like as in they are addictive but are so bad [eg. Gee. It is a SHOCKING song but has an Addictive Factor of 10.]
or
b) Songs with synthetic thumping beats that alter the beating of your heart, ie at an irregular pace [eg Wedding Dress does this. It would be a more bearable song if it wasn't for the thumping beats.]

Today, I got 40 songs from Yeli, which I think are predominantly Japanese artists. Not sure how its gonna be like, but so far, all I'm hearing is DDR. I'm yet to get Asian Music from Erin, but I expect that to be just Crappy Korean boybands. I might need some girlgroups to offset this. Also, if you have any Asian songs, you can give them to me, USB preferably.

Also I'm stopping the Quote segment. I just forget the quotes.

No comments:

Post a Comment