Thursday, February 11, 2010

"Oh look! Asians!"

As you know, I've been listening to nothing but Asian music this month. After listening to some less generic songs for a week, I got a little bored. So I decided to download some Generic K-Pop. This basically allows (those crappy catchy annoying) bands like SNSD and SHINee to (relentlessly) enter my head. I decided to download the girlgroups first and after a round of suggestions, I downloaded these songs:

SNSD -- (Chocolate Love) (Gee) (Genie) (Oh!) (Into The New World) (Kissing You) (Girls Generation)
Kara -- (Mister) (Break It) (Wanna)
T-ara -- (Lies) (Time to Love) (TTL Listen 2)
After School -- (Because Of You) (Ah) (Diva) (When I Fall)
Wonder Girls -- (Nobody) (Tell Me) (So Hot) (Irony)
F(x) -- (Lachata)

NOTICE the 3 of the most annoying songs in existence. Gee, Genie and Oh! It pained me to download those. Although it's a little better because I don't have to watch the MVs that guarantees cringing, anytime and everytime.
NOTICE F(x). Isn't that funny?!

I have come to the (brief) conclusion that SNSD songs are mixed. Their earlier songs were good, especially with their debut (Into The New World) , but then they just got annoying/addictive (Gee) and then downright crap (Chocolate Love).
Also, T-ara and After School have good rappers. It ridiculous. I dont' like raps but the raps in their songs are quite decent.
Also, DIVA HAS THE MOST ANNOYING LINE EVER! It's ridiculously annoying! It's like a bunch of angsty 16 year old teenage girls decided to jump into a vat of strawberry ice-cream with walls lined with sugar, eat their way through and in the bottom was Deva and they suddenly chant his name. Yeah, it's THAT annoying.

On a different but at the same time similar note, I downloaded SOME boyband songs. By some, I mean 4 SHINee songs: Amigo, Juliette, Love Like Oxygen and Ring Ding Dong. The first three are "tolerable", the epitome of dodgy English encapsulated by loads of synth. However, *shudders*
RING DING DONG IS THE WORST SONG IN EXISTENCE!
Dear GOD it is annoying! It would've been more bearable if it was actually good, but its NOT! (Gee/Oh! are alright, just god damn annoying) The verses are drowned by poor techno beats that could be beaten by Tim's beatboxing. Every single word has been synthed so heavily it sounds like Microsoft Sam but a little bit more tonal change. The lines in English are so dreadful and unimaginative, they rhyme "Fantastic" with "Elastic"4 goddamn times! And don't get me started on the chorus. It sounds like an Indian guy decided to hijack the recording studio and repeat the words Ring Ding Dong in the worse possible fashion. LIKE HE THINKS HE SOUNDS COOL. WELL GUESS WHAT??? HE SOUNDS LIKE A TOOL!!!

This is why I hate Asian music. It just fails terribly. I just hope the other songs are better.

1 comment: