Thursday, January 28, 2010

Senior Students

It doesn't sound right, does it? This happens every year I go up a grade, I don't feel a difference. From Year 6 to Year 7, that was a big thing, but I still thought I was in Year 6. Like right now, I still think I'm in Year 10. I FEEL as though I'm in Year 10. I even wrote in one of my textbooks that it's still 2009. I soon corrected myself, to my dismay but the hilarity of others.

First day as senior students was good. Peer support was good. Actually, remarkably fun. Like Stuart said, "it seems like year sevens are universally annoying, except when they're yours for peer support". I believe this statement to be quite true. We all thought Year 7s were really annoying, but now that we were given the task of looking after them and got to know them, I don't think that they're that annoying. They're just a bunch of kids who don't know what to do and you just lead them. You don't try to be all oppressive or motherly but you just chat to them normally. I think that's the big thing; getting to know them. We only saw them in shorts and hats and running to the buses but we never actually got to talk to them. Basically, peer support is great. It's quite fun. You other leaders feeling the same thing?

The rest of the day was quite good. Now that we get to do the subjects that we WANT to do, school does seem more interesting. No more useless History or Geography. I am finally devoid of those subjects that I do not care about. But yeah, electives are fun. I can tell Engineering Studies is going to be awesome. Now, people say Maricic is a horrible teacher because he's strict but he's been teaching for 19 years and a HSC marker since 1995 so I think that's a little proof that he's a good teacher, even if he IS a strict teacher. If you don't do anything stupid, then you should be fine. Especially if it's your first day. But I do like the orientation talks that the teachers have been giving. Maricic's talk was awesome. We're gonna take apart his car. Purely for educational purposes. *nodnod* Also hip replacements. We get to watch one of that. Not particularly psyched about that.

Short post this time. I need to sleep. But it's time for...
QUOTE OF THE PERIOD-OF-TIME-BETWEEN-BLOG-POSTS

Today it goes to Mr Maricic who was talking about hip replacements where they dislocate the hip to cut off the ball of the joint and to insert the titanium replacement...

"they have this lovely big drill and go RRRRRR into your hip... it's like a jackhammer"


Maybe it's an Engineering thing to find that funny. It was funny at the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment