Tuesday, January 19, 2010

My chest hairs are tingling!

Or maybe not. But Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs was and is a very good movie. The childish puns were so Barnsley style (a meatier shower) , I laughed a little too much. I felt ashamed. But I enjoyed the references to other films, like when they're flying through the giant hybrid of a machine and a meatball just like Star Wars and also when the dam bursts and the food is rolling towards them like a tsunami. The tsunami bit was from a movie, I think, I just don't know which movie. Anybody know? As you can see, I'm not a great film reviewer and I don't intend to be, but I do suggest anybody and everybody to watch this movie. It's rather funny.

Why to watch this movie: When you're bored / When you want to be amused / Feeling silly.
Post movie feelings: Thoroughly amused / Silly

And on that same flight back from HK, I watched Up as well. And joining the massive chorus of people, I say it is a very very VERY excellent movie. It has everything you want in a movie: humour (it's my most important factor), a good plotline, animations, a squeaky voice, an old man who looks a little like my old trombone tutor, talking dogs and of course, sadness. It wasn't entirely a sad movie, it did have its moments. And now that I have said that it is an excellent movie, I'm not afraid to admit this: I cried 1.5 times during that movie. I forget where I cried that half time. It's half because my tear only welled up ( I have weird classifications for things, don't worry). It was between when Ellie died and when Carl flips through the adventure book and find all the photos that Ellie stuck there. That is when I cried, with the tears pouring. It was so sad. "Thanks for the adventure. Now go make a new one. -- Ellie" (something along those lines) was beautiful, twas so sad. Lucky it was dark, because my mum would've laughed at me for crying at a children's movie but I wouldn't have been ashamed because it is an EXCELLENT movie.
SQUIRREL!

Why to watch this movie: BECAUSE IT IS FRICKIN' EXCELLENT!!!
Post movie feelings: Satisfied in every possible way due to above reason.

Also watched Zombieland. It was (obviously) not as good as the above two, but I guess it could've been a whole lot worse. It's labelled as a horror-comedy, but even I did not find anything scary about it. And I don't like watching horror movies. At all. Ever. I won't even touch Paranormal Activity even when people have said it's not scary. I'm too paranoid. However, Zombieland did have its comedic purposes (Zombie Kill of the Week was rather impressive) and I also liked how the rules popped up whenever they were seen in use. I found it a little funny (instead of gross as some people thought) when they found the Hummer truck and they thought a dude was in there but it was just his forearms gripping the wheel. Actually, I found it quite funny. Also, notice how the most of the people that survived were gamers or at least exposed to some sort of zombie killing game. Coincidentally, Wichita/Christa (?)/Emma Stone is rather hot. Not sure about 406 though, with the whole zombie thing going on. Maybe it's a thing, I dunno. LOL @ Tallahassee when he says "Thank god for rednecks!" Oh America, you and your absurd laws that allow people to have guns for their own 'protection'. I'm going to stop before I get flamed for pretending to know about America and its gun laws, which I don't, but I will say letting people have guns is stupid.

Why to watch this movie: To kill time / To laugh / To watch zombies getting killed
Post movie feelings: A little amused / "It could've been worse" / The need to improve your cardio

Basically, I recommend watching UP instantly, Cloudy if you want to laugh quite a bit and don't watch Zombieland unless you're intrigued or have nothing else better to do because it isn't overly terrific and can be saved for later. Still watch it though.

No comments:

Post a Comment