Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Destination: Hong Kong

Finally. The day has come. Rejoice, my brothers, for I have found Shangri-La. Okay, maybe not that epic, but Hong Kong is fairly damn awesome. Don't listen to what those Mainlanders say about Hong Kong, they're just jealous of our atmosphere which is considerably less gray and smelly. Whilst some Hongkongers (that is the correct demonym) may say HK is smelly and noisy, I must stress the fact that that only happens in some streets like in Mongkok and the rest of HK is quite nice smelling, like in the shopping centres. Everything is nice and cheap in HK, you can even get an afternoon tea set meal thing for 3 AUD! Ridiculous, I know, but so is the transport system here. One word: Shit. But in HK, you don't have this problem. The underground rail system is too awesome. Trains come every 2 minutes, and it's fairly cheap. Taxis and buses are also ridiculously abundant, although it can get polluted and congested. Food is good. I mean, Asian food. What's not to love about rice? But I'm particularly excited about this year's trip to HK, because I get to see my cousin who I have not seen in 10 years and I don't remember much about him because I was young and he went off to Canada to study. Also, our epic Hong Kong Outings are going to be awesome, with Tonia, Wing-Ki and Jeffrey. Meeting up at Kowloon Tong guys.

Enough of my glorification of Hong Kong. I'm off to Hong Kong tomorrow, and my access to Internet will be limited so you guys will be spared of my boring posts for a few days, until I can get some internet/be bothered.

No comments:

Post a Comment