Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Badassery

Shuester: "Glee needs YOU to be its ambassador."
Puckerman: "More like its Ambad-assador."

I'm hearing badass being said a lot these days. Including badassery. Badassery is the noun of badass. Yes, I know badass is also a noun, but I mean the noun of an adjective. Like as happiness is to happy. I'm pretty sure there's a term for it. I blame the Australian curriculum for failing to teach me/us proper use of grammar. I mean, basics, I know, but present particples and perfect something a-rather. That I don't know. I swear my mum knows more about those thing than I do. I'm afraid I may have made some grammatical errors in the previous sentences. That's a worry.

So anyway, I was trying to find some pictures of "badassery" or badass-ness. But you don't get very much. You get this American pointing a gun at you, Putin shooting a gun, Obama smoking, a chick smoking with an oxy-acetylene torch and people with tattoos. Not very badass in my opinion. But I think people try to be badass these days. They try so hard to make something spectacular and sure, sometimes they can pull it off. But the chance of failure is so high, and the level of failure is so high, it's hilarious. When people try to make spectacular moves, like sliding down handrails of staircases but then they leg/pants get caught on something and then they tumble down 20 steps, or when they try to do a 360° between the legs dunk from a trampoline but then their leg gets caught on the ring and they dislocate their knee, the failure is often more spectacular than the success.

Speaking of spectacular stuff, I touched the basketball ring! From the ground, not a chair for any of you non believers. Although technically, I haven't touched the ACTUAL ring (hard to explain), I'm only 5mm off! What an achievement. But these achievements are far greater. I especially like the little girl on the toy trike.



This is badassery to the max.
Me: Everybody sleeps in during the hols.
Person 1: Yeah me too! I sleep in a lot!
Me: When do you sleep in till?
Person 1: 8.30am

Bad. Ass. (That doesn't even necessarily mean badass anymore. It might even mean a bad ass)
Actually, that's a poor example, it's just funny.
But you know what is really badass? Blogging during assessment week.

Ladies, please, one at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment