Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Oh noes

There's something wrong with my nose!

Went to some physician consultant in the city today (you may have noticed my lack of presence in the school). Had the appointment because my mum was worried about my nose, which is often stuffed for 10 months every year. I didn't think it was a problem, but then again, I had gotten used to it since I was little. So anyway, I did this allergy testing where the doc put some extracts of particular allergens such as dust mites, grass, etc. and then pricks the skins to see if there's reaction. He used a control of histamine or something, and it itched, which sorta sucked. But then a reaction to dust mites and a bit of cat (not an actual cat) occured, which sucked even MORE because 1) it itched and 2) I now know I am allergic to dust mites and a bit to cats.

All the while, I was given a local anaesthetic for my nose, because the guy would then shove a camera up my nose. This camera was like those sorts of flexible wire cameras that are (obviously) flexible to go around your nose. So he put the camera up my nose without warning. At first, it was fine. There's no discomfort, until he starts going to your throat. But in general, it's really rather ticklish and the doc had to try again because I laughing the first time. Second time, I sneezed. Yeah, that ticklish feeling is the pre-sneeze feeling. But apparently, my sinuses are quite large/swollen and there is bacteria/infected to some degree. Not infected as in diseased, but there's bacteria.

So now, I have to take some meds. Only for 12 days or so. But I also have to get nasal sprays. Sigh. This won't be fun. But at least its not any worse. I mean, the doc made it sound bad, but according to my mum, I'm just worrying too much. At least I don't have to get surgery, or I don't have to do immunotherapy which requires me getting a needle every month for 3 or so years. That could be a pain. So I suppose it's still at the stage where it's controllable. And not requiring drastic measures.

No comments:

Post a Comment