Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Tired...

Firstly, thanks to Niro and Tonia for organising an awesome grade bbq, and congratulations for actually being able to pull it off. Last time I tried to organise something, it was a bit of a bitch. But then again, BBQs don't require payment so that makes things a lot easier. In any case, thanks for the bbq. I don't think the water fights were planned but that was the best bit. But being chased around is not fun. And it dawned on me that I'm rather unfit. I hate running. I'm fine with sprinting, but I hate running, if that makes sense. Long distance running sucks. To me, long distance includes anything more than 100 metres.

My neck hurts. I think that's from lugging 10kgs of ice for aboput 1.5km. And my leg cramped the same day. I don't even know why. And I got a nosebleed today. That also sucks. I really should stop complaining. But I'm in a bit of a foul mood. I'm also really tired, which is leading to my foul mood. The foul mood is due to me suddenly knowing that people are doing work in the holidays and I have not done much. I have done close to none. I've just been reading the Harry Potter series and it's fun. But all these people are doing their maths and probably their science notes, etc. And I'm just sitting here blogging away (I don't have much to blog cos I haven't done much in a while. Nothing exciting, anyway) and making my muck up day costume. I'm actually making one. I hope it doens't look shit.

Yeah, so some people are being studious in the holidays, even skipping out on grade outings and I'm feeling a bit shit for it. I swear I didn't have this competitive streak within me before. This sucks. But at least I have my Harry Potter. There's still humour in the books, even though I've read them so many times, but now instead of laughing out loud, I just chuckle. And chortle. That's a word Rowling uses a lot. It's a funny word.

Chortle. Chortle. Chorrrrrtle. Ch-ortle. CHORTLE!

I think it's like "Oh hoh hoh". I've been "chortling" a lot when I'm reading HP. Especially at the dramatic irony. And innuendos. Her tone is quite simplistic. Very little descriptive imagery, I think. This is what English does to me. I don't want to analyse Harry Potter. Screw you, Advanced English.

No comments:

Post a Comment