Tuesday, May 11, 2010

It's like a vacation

but not really a vacation. What I mean, is that it's been 9 days since I last posted. And things have happened. Not a lot, but still enough to fill a few paragraphs. Firstly, just to get it out of the way, what the hell is happening with the Semi Conference finals?! Teams cleansweeping each other? Not even putting up a fight. Phoenix and Lakers are the next matchup after cleansweeping Spurs and Jazz respectively. This is ridiculous. Almost a farce, but not so much as Chelsea thumping Wigan 8-0. That's just ridiculous. That's a farce.

What I don't get is how do people think that basketball is not a contact sport? It's pretty damn rough. I think Shirley used the analogy that rugby is contact sport because there aren't rules against the contact. She (and Anthony) were saying that because there are rules against contact (or something), then that makes it a non-contact sport. First of all, there are no rules PREVENTING contact, just rules preventing excessive contact. Secondly, rugby also has rules against contact, such as high tackle rules or tackling whilst the tackled person is in mid air. They aren't saying that contact is a rule. In fact, in all games, no contact is probably better. It's just that you sometimes/usually need contact to establish/obtain a better position. If anything, basektball is not a non-contact sport.

Oh yeah. Not to mention. The Budget came out tonight. Isn't that exciting? One might even praise the Rudd Govt for not having a very public orientated budget, that is, no short term stimuli like cash handouts but instead opting for long term sustainability. Still, that means no $1000 payouts for us. :( But I guess the whole "securing Australia's future" thing is a good thing, even though stuff like the raising of super (from 9% to 12%) will take a fair while. 2019. We probably will have a job by then. Assuming that this government is going to stay and that these things will be funded by the resource sector's Super Profits Tax. Oh man, the resource sector is not going to be very happy. Projects going offshore, unemployment, decreasing international competitiveness, highest taxed resource sector in the world, that sorta crap. Well, you could argue, how else is the rest of economy going to benefit. "It's not all about you, Metals and Minerals." Well, at least that's how I see it. Something's got to pay for something.

Man, I have so many things to do and attend. Got all this band nonsense like waking up early. What's up with that. Not very pleased. I hate waking up early. And all these research tasks (one) and these assessments. What's up with that. Why must economics be such a drag. Assessment task in... week 9. A month a way. Oh. Better get started. Oh man. Peer support picnic w/o Mufti. That's outrageous. Oh well. I'm complaining way too much. I blame it on the fact that my left eye socket is swollen. Well, it was more swollen before, but it's still swollen. And my eye is slightly bruised. It wasn't as bad as this:Both injures (Nash's and mine) were because of basketball. He got accidentally elbowed by Duncan, I think. I turned the ball over, my defender stacked it on me and sat on my head, forcing my face into the ground. Sooo lucky I was wearing a mouthguard. Probably saved a few of my teeth from being chipped/lost. Well, we won that game. It was worth it. 3 straight victories is sweet. Especially when you beat the team you lost to in the final. We won 31 - 22. Victory has never tasted so sweet. Now we have no reason to lose against them. Yeah... motivation.

And to finish with a few things:
  • I accidentally (indirectly) lacerated Henry's kidney. Sorry man.
  • Quest Crew is awesome. Well known fact.
  • Heartattack by H2 is pretty good.
  • Ricky Rubio won't be coming over to Minnesota Timberwolves for another 2 years. Too bad Jimmy. You guys won't have a decent PG for a while.
  • Skype parties are the new parties.

No comments:

Post a Comment